|The "A" Word|
|Season 1, Episode 6|
|Written by||Chuck Jones|
|Directed by||Owen Wilson|
Chew on This
Adam offends Jake.
One day, Adam tells Jake "that shark ape on me!"Jake was offended because he's a monkey so he look for another friend by an audition..meanwhile, Adam dressed up like Jake crushed..a female rockstar. But at the end, Jake reveals that his reason for ending their friendship was because Adam said "ape" at Bull, and that it's the ultimate monkey compliment. He admits that he just got jealous because Adam said it to Bull. Adam is outraged that Jake made him go through all that pain and hardship all over something so petty, and declares Jake now on his "former best friend" list. The episode ends with Jake fruitlessly begging Adam for forgiveness, with Coach Gills and Horace following Adam to hang out with him.
- Adam Lyon
- Jake Spidermonkey
- Lupe Toucan
- Ingrid Giraffe
- Bull Sharkowski
- Henry Armadillo
- Lippy Zebra
- Truffles Duvall
- Coach Gills
- Horace Ferret
- Lupe: What's the matter with Jake? Has he been reading Teen Tablr again?
- Adam: I don't know. I was telling him how Bull Sharkowski went ape on me and then he started crying and ran off.
- Lupe: Ay, Jake is muy sensetivo. You have to be so careful with him. I mean, I'm just glad, I'm not his best friend. I couldn't deal with the drama.
- Ingrid: (to Adam) Well, maybe Jake was-
- Lupe: I mean, you guys know how low maintenance I am.
- Ingrid: (to Lupe) Uh, of course, Lupe. (to Adam) Maybe Jake was offended by the phrase, "Going Ape".
- Adam: Why would he be offended by that?
- Ingrid: Well, I'm not sure, but it never hurts to apologize, even if you didn't do anything wrong.
- Adam: That doesn't make any sense at all, but fine. I'll go see what's wrong with the little drama queen.
- Lupe: Why do you always gotta hog the conversation, Ingrid?
- Ingrid: Oh, sorry, Lupe.
- (Henry auditions to be Jake's new best friend)
- Henry: So, you can kick me around or throw me out windows. Oh, and I also have no other friends at all. So, I can devote all my time to you. All my time.
- Jake: Hmm, I'll put you down as a maybe.
- Henry: Yeah!
- (Henry leaves)
- Jake: Sheesh, I though he'd never leave.
- Coach Gills: Looks like Lyon needs a new best friend! Come on, Horace! It's go time! Hey, Lyon! Wait up! Wanna go to the Malt Shop and split a sundae!?
- Jake show's that he's a huge fan of the celebrity, Truffles Duval.
- Lupe proves to be a selfish and thankless friend to Ingrid.
- Henry and Coach Gills demonstrate having no friends, which would become recurring character traits for both of them.
- Billboard Gag: Good luck, Academic Deer-Cathelon in State Finals.
- Ending Credits Gag: Henry sitting outside with Pablo, a football, but Pablo deflates.