|Season 1, Episode 10|
Jake uses the shine from a glass doorknob to hypnotize everyone else at the school.
Jake brings a glass door knob to school, which is against school policy on shiny objects. Everyone, except Adam, is mesmerized by the ball. After that, Jake uses it to hypnotize everyone into doing what he wants them to do and Adam notices that those door knobs are his parents' antiques. How will he get them back?
- Adam Lyon
- Jake Spidermonkey
- Slips Python
- Windsor Gorilla
- Lupe Toucan
- Ingrid Giraffe
- Miss Loon
- James Ant
- Principal Pixiefrog
- Bull Sharkowski (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Mrs. Tusk
- Mr. Hornbill
- Bear Ted (Cameo)
- Henry Armadillo (Cameo)
- Eddie Panther (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Jake: Pretty pretty. Shiny shiny.
- Miss Loon: And what, Mr. Lyon, are you doing?
- Adam: Haiku.
- Miss Loon: Gesundheit.
- Jake: Behold my most prized possession, ever, of all time.
- Adam: It's just a glass doorknob.
- Jake: (gasp) There, there. The fool knows not what he speaks, my pretty pretty shiny shiny.
- (James Ant gets roasted by a beam of sunlight)
- James: Anyone have some aloe vera?
- Adam: You got a patent on that hat?
- Jake: It's pending.
- Lupe: Hey Slips, did you study for Monkey Butt Class?
- Slips: Sure did, Lupe. Did you pick a thesis topic yet?
- Lupe: I'm thinking monkey butts or maybe monkey butts. How 'bout you?
- Slips: Oh, I don't want to say, in case anyone tries to steal it, but I'll give you a hint. It starts with "Monkey" and ends with "Butts".
- Adam: Jake, you're out of control. You're not even acting like yourself anymore, which normally might not be such a bad thing, but in this case, it is.
- Jake: Come over to the shiny side. All are welcome. All are welcome.
- (Adam smashes the glass door knob)
- Jake: You probably shouldn't have done that.
- Adam: Why not? It's just a glass door knob. We've got them on every door in my house.
- Jake: I know. Where do you think I got it?
- Adam: Oh no! My mom told me that all the doorknobs in our house are antiques!
- Jake: Then you had better not (takes out a bunch more door knobs) SMASH THE REST OF THEM!
- (A beam of light heads toward James Ant)
- James: Uh-oh.
- (James puts on a reflective suit, shielding himself)
- James: Heh heh heh heh heh!
- (An elephant crushes him)
- James: I can't win.
- Jake's behavior, when obsessing over the glass door knob, alludes to Gollum from Lord of the Rings.
- Debut of Miss Loon and Adam's creative writing class.
- All animals (except Jake for some reason), are distracted to the point of brainwash, by shiny objects. So much so, that shiny things are strictly banned from the school.
- When Adam was being shaken down by Mrs. Tusk, Principal Pixiefrog and an Amazon Kevin action figure was seen falling from his pocket.
- One of the posters of Jake Spidermonkey read "Jake is watching". This is a reference to the famous quote "Big Brother is watching" from Big Brother.
- Jake tried to lure Adam under his control, using the light from the shiny thing. He then quoted "All are welcome. All are welcome." with a Texan accent. This is a reference to Poltergeist, and a scene, featuring Tangina, making the same quote, trying to lure children to Hell, asking them to come into the light.
- When Jake said This is the dawning of the Age of Monkey Butts. It is a parody of "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius".
- According to Adam, all the door knobs in his house are glass.
- Truffles Duvall is mentioned for the third time.
- Adam and Jake get into a Kung-Fu fight, and parody the infamously poor lip-syncing from the movies.
- Credits Gag: Jake hypnotizing the students on and off with the glass door knob.
- When Jake says "Pretty, Pretty, Shiny, Shiny for the first time in Creative Arts Class the closed captioning say "Pretty, Pretty, Sound, Sound."
- While Lupe crashed, her legs were missing for a few scenes, then afterward, her legs reappeared.
- When Adam entered the auditorium, The Nerdy Crocodile was seen, standing on the ceiling, working the spotlight. Two frames later, he was seen, standing on the floor, among the general populous of other students.