The 24-a overall episode of the series.
It's Report Card Day at Charles Darwin Middle School, and all of the students are receiving their report cards, including Adam Lyon, with this being his first ever CDMS-report card. Adam's really nervous, and his best friend, Jake Spidermonkey, doesn't get why Adam would be nervous. Adam explains that while he may have worked hard over the course of the semester, he could've easily failed all of his classes, with him being a human at an all-animal school.
However, Adam's surprised when he pulls out his report card to see his grades: turns out that they don't give out actual letter grades at CDMS, but rather, generic positive symbols (which, according to Principal Pixiefrog, also help avoid lawsuits). Adam points out to Jake and two of their other best friends, Windsor Gorilla and Slips Python, that since all the school does is give the students generic positive symbols no matter how they do in class, there's really no point in actually trying ("We could sleep through all of our classes, and we'd still get pickles and rainbows," Adam complains).
For the next month, all of the students (and even Coach Gills and her assistant, Coach Ferret) sleep through the entire school day. Principal Pixiefrog calls Adam to his office, and Adam explains to the principal what he had explained to his friends on the last report card day. Principal Pixiefrog then decides to change to the traditional letter grades instead of the generic positive symbols. However, this is ends up having terrifyingly bad results, as the students at CDMS single out the "smart" students, who they deem as a "threat."
The school launches into total anarchy, and Adam, also singled out as one of the "smart students," ends up trapped with the Spiffies. Adam and the Spiffies try to escape, with Adam even taking the Spiffies' glasses and all of them walking around and bumping into stuff, pretending they're so dumb that they don't even know where they're going. However, Adam and the Spiffies get found out as being smart and are cornered by the rest of the CDMS-student body. Adam points out that it's not a bad thing to be smart, and starts pointing out lots of other kids at the school who're smart, until only Henry Armadillo is left.
The episode ends on the next Report Card Day at Charles Darwin Middle School, and Adam finds out that he got straight unicorns on his report card. Principal Pixiefrog explains that they went to back to the generic positive symbols as grades (someone had threatened to file a lawsuit), but with new symbols as well.
- GOOF: Although this episode states that Charles Darwin Middle School uses generic positive symbols instead of letter grades, other episodes say that CDMS uses traditional letter grades.
- Some of the "smart students" Adam points out:
- Jake: He got straight rainbows on his report card at the beginning of the episode.
- Windsor: He's the smartest guy Adam's ever met (Windsor also figured out that Adam was doing it as a way to outsmart the "dum-dums" of the school).
- It should be noted that gorillas are actually some of the most intelligent animals on the planet, as they can be taught to perform very complex tasks (some have even been taught sign language).
- Lupe Toucan: She's fluent in three languages (English, Spanish and French).
- Ingrid Giraffe: She can name all the types of Acacia trees.
- Bull Sharkowski: He knows all ninety-eight methods of bullying.
- Dickie Sugarjumper: He knows a lot of fancy dance steps.
- Since Henry was the only student left standing after Adam points out all of the smart kids at CDMS, it can be assumed that he's the dumbest student at the school.