|Lupe in Love|
|Season 2, Episode 16|
|Air date||September 28, 2007|
|Written by||Tom Sheppard|
Jake's Day Off
Have Yourself a Joyful Little Animas
Lupe falls in love with Orlando Parrot, a parrot who is Jake's pet. Orlando usually says that Lupe is a "pretty bird", but is Orlando really commenting on Lupe or someone else? Also, Adam ends up on the Love Doctor, where he and Jake randomly pick students' true loves.
- Adam Lyon
- Jake Spidermonkey
- Lupe Toucan
- Corey Vulture
- Slips Python
- Windsor Gorilla
- Ingrid Giraffe
- Henry Armadillo
- Mr. Hornbill
- Coach Gills (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Nate Penguin (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Nathan Penguin (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Nathaniel Penguin (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Phineas Porpoise (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Aloysius Elephant (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Coyote Girl
- James Ant
- Sheila Anteater
- Margaret Rhino (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Latanya Hippo (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Joanie Ox (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Punky Lions (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Principal Pixiefrog
- Endugu Elephant (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Bear Ted (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Miss Chameleon (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Nerdy Crocodile (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Lupe: ¡Oye! Corey Vulture, are you even listening to me? What kind of boyfriend are you to pay me no never mind! You think I can't do better than your sorry tail feathers?
- (Corey chews his jerky, while completely ignoring Lupe)
- Lupe: I said, are you even listening to me!?
- Corey: What?
- Lupe: That's it! You'd better make your choice, boyfriend! Either me, or that dang rotten bag of meat you love so much!
- (Corey looks back and forth at Lupe and his jerky, making a decision)
- (In the very next shot, Lupe is seen crying loudly)
- Lupe: AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! OOOOHOO! AY AY AY! OOOOOOH!!!
- Orlando: Pretty bird!
- Jake: Pretty monkey!
- Adam: Pretty stupid.
- (Orlando comments on his owl reflection)
- Orlando: Pretty bird! Pretty bird!
- (Lupe assumes Orlando is talking about her)
- Lupe: You ... you think so?
- Orlando: Pretty bird! Pretty bird!
- Lupe: Adam, who's your highly intelligent friend?
- (Adam looks at Jake)
- Adam: Um, is that a trick question?
- Lupe: Ah, yes. It's so nice to be in love again. It has been such a long and painful journey, but now that I have found you, I--
- (Orlando sees reflection in spoon)
- Orlando: Pretty bird! Pretty Bird!
- Lupe: Are you hungry, Mi Amore? Claro, of course I will feed you.
- (Lupe takes Orlando's spoon and hands him a spoonful of worms)
- Orlando: Pretty Bird! Pretty Bird!
- Lupe: Aye, Orlandito! Always with the compliments!
- (Lupe puts worms in Orlando's mouth)
- Lupe: You're so cute!
- Adam: I had no idea how desperate people were to find their not so perfect match.
- Ingrid: Adam, any ideas who you think I could date?
- Jake: No freebies sister! You want advice, sign up for the ...
- (A giant cruise ship spontaneously appears in the aquatic hallway)
- Jake: LOVE CRUISE!
- (Lupe drops to the ground)
- Adam: Lupe, are you okay?
- Lupe: Yes, yes I am not.
- Henry: Well, shoot. Maybe Adam Lyon ain't such a great matchmaker after all.
- James: You said it, mister. Good thing Adam offered us all a monkey back guarantee. Refund!
- (All the customers chant in protest for a refund)
- Customers: Refund! Refund! Refund! Refund!
- Jake: Adam ... you offered them WHAT!?
- Lupe: What kind of bird steals someone else's ... BIRD!?
- Lupe: So, he's no seeing another bird?
- Adam: Nope.
- Lupe: So then, he doesn't think I'm pretty?
- Adam: I ... I guess not. You know, Lupe, it's probably for the best. I mean, to be honest, Orlando doesn't seem all that bright and-
- (Lupe becomes infuriated, catching fire and growing bloodshot eyes)
- Lupe: HE DOESN'T THINK I'M PRETTY!!!!!? YOU SET ME UP WITH SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T THINK I'M PRETTY!!!???
- Corey: I think you're pretty, Lupe.
- (Lupe's rage instantly stops)
- Lupe: (Gasp) Aye, Corey. Do you really like me?
- Corey: I'm a vulture, we're not all that picky.
- First appearance of Lupe's off-again, on-again vulture boyfriend, Corey Vulture.
- Along with the debut of Corey, Lupe falls in love with Orlando, making him her third love interest in the series, after Jake Spidermonkey and the aforementioned Corey Vulture.
- Mr. Hornbill's singularity from "Two Tons of Fun" is brought up again, when he is seen as one of the people in line for the Matchmaking Love Doctor.
- He also dated Miss Chameleon, while on the Live Cruise. However, this quickly ended.
- Margaret, Latanya and Joanie were paired up with the three Punky Lions.
- The Love Cruise is a parody on The Love Boat.
- Adam says he's never had a girlfriend before. However, he inconsensualy dated Margaret, Latanya, and Joanie in "I Fear Pretties".
- When Lupe cries over realizing Orlando doesn't think she's pretty, her irises become visible, revealing she has brown eyes.
- Credits Gag: There is an introduction to the Love Cruise similar to that of The Love Boat.
- During the credits, it's revealed Slips' last name is "Python" and Windsor's last name is "Gorilla".
- Animation Goof: In one scene, Jake tells Adam that he could make money off of his "match making services". The camera then zooms out, and Jake pulls down a flashing heart shapes sign from the ceiling. For a brief second, after the camera zooms out and the before the sign drops down, Ingrid Giraffe is seen without a head. This is due to the creators choosing to never show the entirety of Ingrid's body, so they never bothered designing a character model of her from head to toe. They usually have a model of her from the neck down, and have the top of her neck, cut off screen or hidden behind a tree, to give off the illusion that Ingrid is fully there, but her height prevents her from being fully shown. However, they made a mistake and showed a bit of a shocking image of a headless giraffe, that can clearly be seen in a frame or two, if paused at exactly the right moment.