Coach Gills is worried that a new cheetah who's filling in for Coach Horace is going to take over her job. Can Mrs. Warthog train Coach Gills to beat Mr. Cheetah, or willhe take jurisdiction of Mr. Pixiefrog's job?
- Running gags: In Lie, Cheetah, Steal, Coach Gills narrates in her head and people around her can hear it.
- Billboard gag: Say no to Slugs.
- Cheetahs cannot retract their claws, so why did Mr. Cheetah have them retracted before he climbed the tree?
- Mr. Cheetah's statement's about himself are based on fact:
Cheetahs are not actually the fastest land animal. See, speed can be measured as either the distance someone travels in a period of time, or the number of body lengths a person can travel in a second. The tiger beetle does 171 LENGTHS PER SECOND, compared to the cheetahs 25. Cheetahs still need water, but it's possible that they can go a while without much water. Cheetahs are the only cat species that cannot retract its claws, This gives it grip so it can go faster and make sharp turns easily while chasing prey.
- The cricket in the start of "Lie, Cheetah, Steal", is from the Episode "Grub Drive" who said "Sorry." in both episodes.
Jake: Kinetic energy plus potential energy equals constant energy. Gills: Stop talking about the Schroedinger equations, Spidermonkey!