|Have Yourself a Joyful Little Animas|
|Season 2, Episode 17|
Lupe in Love
Animas is a celebration for animals and their instincts and it's come around, but Adam does not know and comes on the first day of Animas unprepared. He soon decides that he doesn't have instincts and goes back to Chester Arthur Middle School. He can't fit in with humans either. Will he ever go back to the school?
- First Christmas special, though here, it's called "Animas".
- The title is a pun on "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".
- Adam's alarm clock resembles Jake, and the vice versa.
- Jake's mom's voice is heard offscreen, even though this episode is far prior to her debut in "Meet the Spidermonkeys".
- The Animas Song is sung to the tune of "Oh, Christmas Tree".
- All animals have the collective instinct of knowing when the hottest day of the year is, which is the day they dub "Animas".
- The tradition of wearing periwinkle on the first day of Animas, or else getting conk you on the head with a coconut is similar to the tradition of wearing green on St. Patrick's day, or else you'll get link pinched.
- Slips didn't need to change his attire on the first day, because his regular clothing already includes a periwinkle collar and sleeve rims.
- Ingrid has the tendency to forget that Adam is relatively new to the school.
- Coach Gills' first name is "Tiffany".
- Coach Gills' side plot features many parodies on famous Christmas movies. Her first scene parodies "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", her second parodies "A Christmas Carol", and her third parodies "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!".
- The latter is a Halloween movie.
- Adam feels sad about having to return to Chester Arthur Middle School, although in "The Times, They Are Exchangin", and many other previous episodes, Adam was shown to miss his old school with all his heart and want nothing more than to return there.
- Coach Gills reveals that her mother is allergic to processed meat.
- Coach Gills reveals that she has a fear of the dark and pigeons.
- The city the show takes place in has a population of 238,000.
- Adam meets a humanized version of Jake.
- Samurai Quan's quote "And then what happened? In legend they say, that Adam's nasal passages grew three sizes that day." is another reference to "The Grinch".
- Adam adopts animal instincts in the end.
- The selection of food for the Animas feast is very odd, including turkey, crab, and fried octopus, which would be considered cannibalism to some in a school such as Charles Darwin. It can be argued, that there are students like Slips Python, who eat gerbils and fish. So, that food can be for them and the ones who belong to that species can simply choose to just not eat that.