|Don't Noc It 'Til You Try It|
|Season 3, Episode 14|
The Citronella Solution
Don't Noc It 'Til You Try It is the fourteenth episode of season three.
Slips gets locked in school after hours.
- Slips: Fly straight and true, my origami messenger.
- [Windsor turns on a flashlight]
- Jake: Wow, fire in a jar.
- Windsor: It's a modern marvel.
- Lupe: How can you be so casual, boys, when you're about to come face to face with those creatures? What, with their special, nocturnal eyeballs, [sniffs] freakishly strong sense of smell, and natural killing instincts.
- Jake: She's right, Windsor. It's suicide! Maybe this is just Slips' time to go. Who are we to interrupt that whole food chain circle of life thing?
- Ingrid: Aw, don't listen to Lupe, guys. She's just cranky cuz we interrupted her beauty sleep.
- Lupe: And what does that have to do with us being hunted down like pork chops on the other side of that door?
- Raccoon Teacher: On creature's trash is another creature's five coarse meal.
- [Scavengers dig through the garbage; A possum finds an empty cup of banana pudding]
- Possum: Looky what I found. Banana pudding.
- Jake: Hey, that's mine! I thought I licked that thing clean!
- [Windsor walks into a class full of owls]
- Windsor: Oh, sorry to interrupt, professor. I'm looking for my friend, Slips.
- Owl Professor: Who.
- Windsor: He's a snake. We wort of lost track of him today.
- Owl Students: Who.
- Windsor: Well, all of us, actually. Huh, it's quite shameful, I know. That's why we're trying to find him.
- Owl Professor: Who.
- Windsor: Oh, this is Jake Spidermonkey. He's best friends with Adam Lyon.
- [Jake gets tired of the shtick and slaps his forehead]
- Jake: Windsor, this is completely lame.
- Windsor: Jake, the professor is imploring the Socratic message which seeks to arrive at an answer, through a series of probative queries.
- Jake: I'll give you some probative queries!
- Own Professor: What?
- The title is a pun on the phrase "Don't Knock It, 'Til You Try It".
- It's learned that CDMS has a night school program for nocturnal animals.
- Windsor breaks the fourth wall, saying that his flashback should explain why Slips was left behind in school.
- First time Lupe and Ingrid visit Adam's house and second time Windsor visits, since "Up All Night", and third time Jake visits, since "Up All Night" and "Sick Day".
- Lupe uses the word "pink" to describe the human species.
- Adam's Parents are mentioned in dialogue. First, Adam begs his friends to leave his house before his parents wake up. Next, Adam's night vision goggles are taken away and worries about his mom's punishment for losing them.
- The four food groups for scavengers are garbage, trash, refuse, and junk.
- Vandalism on the side of the school reads "PORK", which can not only be a kind of food, but is commonly used as a slang term for a well-known swear word, that is often spelled in all forms by vandals, especially in middle school and high school environments.
- The phrase "One creature's trash is another creature's five coarse meal" is a take on the phrase "One man's trash is another man's treasure", and it basically holds up the same meaning.
- The constellation Serpens is mistaken for Slips Python by the Stargazers club, because they are both "animals" from the Serpentes family.
- Windsor talks to an owl, who can only hoot. Windsor doesn't understand that the owl isn't actually talking to him and mistakes him for asking "Who?". With ever "Who?" Windsor responds accordingly, leading to a nonsensical and meaningless conversation. This is a reference to the famous Abbot and Costello comedy routine, "Who's on First Base?".
- Sasquatch is the hall monitor.
- Second time Slips sheds his skin since "The Sheds".
- Billboard Gag: "Good Morning Students" and "Good Night Students".