|Chew on This|
|Season 1, Episode 5|
Bad News Bear
The "A" Word
Adam is sick of the food, being served in the cafeteria.
Adam complains about the cafeteria food so the staff of Charles Darwin Middle School switches the food to human food. But the animals become so addicted to it that they have grown fat.
- Adam Lyon
- Jake Spidermonkey
- Slips Python
- Windsor Gorilla
- Lupe Toucan
- Ingrid Giraffe
- Principal Pixiefrog
- Coach Gills
- Mr. Mandrill
- Henry Armadillo
- Bull Sharkowski (Cameo)
- James Ant (Cameo)
- Nurse Gazelle
- Coach Gills: I wanna see you lemmings work your tails off!
- (A lemming student walks by, holding his dismembered tail)
- Coach Gills: Don't worry, kid. It'll grow back.
- (Adam struggles with doing a pull up, and eventually gives up)
- Adam: I can't do it.
- Coach Gills: Lyon! Are you planning on making us lose the district physical fit test!?
- Adam: Sorry, Coach Gills. I didn't eat lunch, so I'm feeling kind of light headed.
- Coach Gills: AAAAAAAH! Light headed? The kid's over exerted! (takes out megaphone) CODE BLUE! CODE BLUE!
- (Adam ends up in the nurse's office)
- Nurse Gazelle: So, you're light headed, eh?
- Adam: Yeah, I forgot my lunch today and-
- Nurse Gazelle: AAAAAAAAAAH! The kid's got an eating disorder! Code blue! Code blue!
- (Adam ends up in the guidance councilor's office)
- Mr. Mandrill: So, Adam, what's this about you refusing to eat the cafeteria food? Let's rap about that.
- Adam: I'm just not gunna eat twigs and bugs for lunch.
- Mr. Mandrill: AAAAAAAAH! He's on a hunger strike! Code blue! Code blue!
- (Adam ends up in the principal's office)
- Pixiefrog: I hear you're refusing to eat the cafeteria food, unless we add something that's fit for human consumption.
- Adam: I don't wanna cause any trouble. I just wanna be able to eat something at lunch.
- Pixiefrog: AAAAAAAAH! He's gunna sue! Give him whatever he wants! Code blue! Code blue!
- Slips: I can't believe they changed the menu. I hate it when my food's already dead.
- Adam: You don't like pizza, corn dogs, or hamburgers? These are the staples of the human diet.
- Windsor: Yeah, uh, they really aren't our thing.
- Adam: Have you even tried this food?
- (The others murmur, as they haven't yet tried it)
- Adam: Didn't someone tell me just yesterday, "Don't knock it, 'til you try it"? (referring to Jake)
- Jake: You should know by know, I can't be held responsible for anything I say ... ever.
- Jake: Okay, back off with the peer pressure, Mr. Peer Pressure Man!
- Pixiefrog: Um, Mr. Lyon. I trust you're happy and willing to resend any pending lawsuits, now that we've replaced our entire menu of healthy food stuffs with the empty calories, trans fats, and insulin triggering carbohydrates of this delicious, wonderfully addictive human grade school cafeteria food.
- Adam: Lawsuits? I just want a corn dog.
- Pixiefrog: AAAAH! Here. (Principal Pixiefrog gives him some corn dogs) Don't sue us!
- Adam: So, anyone considering going on a diet?
- Windsor: Why should we?
- Jake: Yeah, we're not that overweight.
- (Jake's chair collapses under his weight)
- Jake: Stupid reinforced steel chairs!
- (Jake falls through the floor)
- Adam: Are you okay, Jake?
- Jake: Yes! The tremendous girth of my massive bottom broke my fall!
- (Jake falls through another floor)
- Jake: It's okay! The pool broke my fall.
- (Jake falls through the pool floor)
- Pixiefrog: (in pain) Ooooooh!
- Jake: No worries! Principal Pixiefrog broke me fall!
- The title is a reference to the phrase of the same name.
- First appearance of Wormy Joes, a food that'd make many appearance later in the series.
- Jake says to Adam "Here, Adam. Grab a Wormy Joe and be somebody." This is the first time Jake says "Be somebody", which would later become a constant verbal tick of his.
- Character debut of James Ant.
- At the very beginning of the scene, where Adam was in Nurse Gazelle's office, you'll notice Nurse Gazelle removing a rectal thermometer from his person.