|A Whole Zoo World|
|Season 4, Episode 23|
A Thanksgiving Carol
A Whole Zoo World is the twenty third episode of season four and the series finale.
Adam trains to be a professional zookeeper over his summer vacation, but he soon discovers that his friends resent those in his profession.
At long last, one year of Adam going to an all-animal school has come to a close (for a couple of months, at least). Now it seems as though everybody is ready for summer vacation, until fall starts back up again. In other words, Adam can finally hang out with humans again, as he's ready for anything! But not before Adam decides to go on one more adventure, to see if he can take everything he's learned at Charles Darwin Middle School, and apply it to a professional job setting. The time has come for Adam to embrace his potential destiny, of becoming a professional zookeeper! But the road isn't easy.
Even though the animals have it easy at the zoo, they still resent not having the freedom to go where ever they want whenever they want like humans can, and as it turns out, being a zookeeper is like being a prison guard; keeping animals locked up and badly treating them. For once, things are put into perspective as it shows how some humans can seem rightfully ugly and stupid in the animals’ eyes, as the average tourists don't respect the intelligence of animals. But Adam knows his challenge, and he plans to face it head-on!
Adam begins to leave his old, non-confidant, unsure self behind, replacing it with a bolder, more determined, more confidant self! Of course, it helps when the zoo animals turn out to be Adam’s true friends after all when they throw him a surprise party both for successfully doing his job as a professional zookeeper, and proving he has what it takes to be an honorary zoo animal. This causes Adam to learn that it doesn't matter what kind of education he has. As long as he stays focused and determined, he can accomplish anything he sets his mind to!
- Adam Lyon
- Jake Spidermonkey
- Slips Python
- Windsor Gorilla
- Lupe Toucan
- Ingrid Giraffe
- Principal Pixiefrog
- Captain Clowny
- Bull Sharkowski
- Coach Gills
- Horace Ferret
- Henry Armadillo (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Mrs. Warthog (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Mr. Mandrill (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Dickie Sugarjumper (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Phineas Porpoise (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Aloysius Elephant (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Margaret Rhino (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Latanya Hippo (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Mickey (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Mrs. Tusk (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Corey Vulture (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Marvin Hammy (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Nestor Parrot (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Mr. Hornbill (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Endugu Elephant (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Humphrey Bear (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Janet Musk Ox (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Gregory Lion (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Wilson Walrus (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Bear Ted (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Donald Deer (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Dustin Flounder (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Kaku Tiger (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Trunks Elephant (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Nerdy Crocodile (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Amazon Kevin (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Adam: You guys wouldn't be trying to hide something from me, [interrogative] would you?
- Jake: Three months in the clink. [shrugs] Eh, you do your time, you come out, a better monkey for it.
- Adam: Uh, me human. Don't follow.
- Windsor: Expositionally speaking, summer vacation is high tourist season, which means we zoo animals, are under lock down.
- Slips: Like, we aren't allowed to leave the zoo.
- Windsor: That's what I said.
- Slips: Yeah, but I dumbed it down.
- Pixiefrog: [to Jake] Adam needs to spend time with his own kind, so he doesn't lose touch with humanity, since it appears no one is likely to correct that bafflingly unrectified clerical error, that brought him to our all animal school. [to Adam] Yes, I suspect in a few years, you'll move along to an all animal high school, and provided, you don't flunk out, you'll graduate to an all animal junior college, since the skills you learned here, won't really help you gain access to the human university system. Unless you're willing to go to state school. And even if you continue on to get an animal school graduate degree, it won't do you any good, as the only career opportunities available to someone with such an education will be zoo animal, Russian circus animal, or maybe a TV commercial spokes-animal. But most of those are computer generated these days, anyway. That's why you need to spend your summer, someplace other than the horrible zoo! Go be with people for a few months, so you can be released back to the wil-[ribbits] I mean uh, civilization one day.
- Adam: Uh, yeah. I said I was going to Captain Clowny Day Camp.
- Pixiefrog: Ah, so you did. Nevermind then.
- [Adam enters in a zookeeper uniform and it takes Jake a while to figure out who it is]
- Jake: Adam! Sorry, those snazzy new duds threw me off. I've never seen you in anything but your mustard shirt and cargo shorts, or your cheerleader uniform, or your underwear, or naked with a fig leaf.
- Pixiefrog: Mr. Lyon! What on earth are you doing here? In our horrible summer environment.
- Adam: I took your advice, Principal P.
- Pixiefrog: Advice? What advice?
- Adam: About my future.
- Pixiefrog: Future? What future?
- Adam: Why not spend my summer, working towards the one career choice, that's open to a human kid with an all animal education?
- Jake: You're gunna become a cartoonist?
- Pixiefrog: A telemarketer?
- Slips: A network executive?
- Windsor: A game show host?
- Pixiefrog: Uh, a cartoonist?
- Jake: Hey, I said that!
- Pixiefrog: Well, I'm out of ideas!
- Adam: PREZENKOWSKI!!!
- Jake: Uh, Adam? Adam, you still alive? Remember, this is a kid's show.
- Adam: A surprise party?
- Slips: We would have gotten more supplies, but you kept catching us, every time we tried to run out to the store.
- Ingrid: And we really needed ice for the soda.
- Windsor: You're a good zookeper, Adam. Too good.
- Lupe: Yeah, if that is your future, we want no part of it.
- Ingrid: We'd really be trapped in here all the time.
- Lupe: For shizzle.
- Adam: You think I can be whatever I want?
- Pixiefrog: Well, it doesn't matter what I think. It's what you think you can do.
- Pixiefrog: Congratulations, Lyon. You are now an official, honorary zoo animal.
- Adam: [delighted] Really!?
- Pixiefrog: Well, you will be, once you pass the initiation.
- [Cut to Adam, sneaking out of the zoo at night; Jake is lowering him out of the exhibit with a rope]
- Adam: How much ice, should I get?
- [A searchlight shines on Adam and sirens go off]
- Adam: Uh-oh.
- This is the series finale.
- Adam Lyon finally becomes an honorary zoo animal in this episode.
- Jake admits to not being able to recognize Adam, when he's not in any of his usual outfits. These being his mustard yellow shirt and cargo pants, his cheerleader uniform, his Captain Clowny underwear, and hid birthday suit with a fig leaf.
- When Adam says he has low expectations for his future career, Jake guesses it means he's becoming a cartoonist, making a fourth wall joke about the creators of the show, itself.
- Principal Pixiefrog says the zoo is undergoing "Nightmare Scenario #739", sparking shocked murmuring from his audience. If listened to very closely, Windsor is heard saying "Prezenkowski's in charge?" This is a satirical joke on Jeff Prezenkowski becoming the president of the Cartoon Network studios at the time of the episode's airing. Later in the episode, Adam is also heard, screaming "Prezenkowski" as he falls from the waterfall.
- Lupe's on and off boyfriend, Corey Vulture makes a brief cameo in this episode.
- When Adam hits the ground, Jake breaks the fourth wall once again, asking if he's alive and reminding him that he's in a kid show.
- Ironically, seconds later, Lupe would be heard using the term "shizzle" as a slang term for "sure". Being as informal as it is, "Shizzle" has a second definition as a euphemism for something that wouldn't be mentioned in a kid show.
- This episode has no ending credits gag. It's just normal credits with the instrumental of the Theme Song playing in the background.
- Adam only wears his iconic mustard yellow shirt and cargo shorts at the very beginning and very end of this episode. For the majority of the episode, he's either wearing underwear, trademarked Captain Clowny clothes, or his zookeeper uniform.
- Billboard Gag: Summer sublet available.
- The title is a pun on the song "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.
- Slips ordered a virgin julip with a "Mickey" in it. This being a mouse, obviously referencing to the famous Disney character, Mickey Mouse.
- Adam gets compressed in a mold making machine and comes out, resembling the titular character Rodney from the other Cartoon Network TV show, Squirrel Boy.
- Adam chases Jake through the water tunnels in a way that alludes to the classic "Scooby Doo Doors" from the Scooby Doo series.
- Amazon Kevin from "Amazon Kevin" is seen as one of the people at the zoo, checking out Paradise Island.
- Lupe plays volleyball with Dickie and The Spiffies on Paradise Island, again showing off her amazong skills for the sport, previously established in "She's Koala That".
- Jackie from "Cheer Pressure" makes a second appearance.
- When Jake steps up to the podium as a drill sergeant, a picture of Adam, eating chalk, from the episode "Animal Testing" is projected on the screen behind him. Only here, the chalk is tan colored instead of white.
- A video of Ingrid and Lupe's dance from the talent show in "Disregarding Henry" shows up on Adam's surveillance camera.