|A Very Special Boy|
|Season 4, Episode 18|
Knights of the Multiplication Table
Adam tries to get his "Special" status at school removed, which makes Adam regret his decision soon after.
- Adam Lyon
- Jake Spidermonkey
- Slips Python
- Windsor Gorilla
- Lupe Toucan
- Ingrid Giraffe
- Nerdy Crocodile
- Trunks Elephant
- Punky Lions
- Brandon Capybara
- Mrs. Warthog
- Duke Sloth
- Principal Pixiefrog
- Mr. Mandrill (Cameo)
- Bull Sharkowski (Non-Speaking)
- Miss Loon (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Bear Ted (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Mr. Blowhole (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- The title is a pun on "A Very Special Episode" or "A Very Special Program".
- Adam goes through serious character derailment in this episode as not only does he act more fearless and smug toward his enemies, but he also acts like a jerk to his own friends and innocent people he doesn't even know. He says that overtime, he's learned that he never gets hurt for what he does, which is an absolute lie. Apparently, "mild drubbings and comical bruses" don't count by his logic, which makes about as much sense as him saying that there's no animals at his school, aside from those you'd find in zoos.
- It's revealed that Adam's friends alter their true personalities to be more annoying, intolerable, stupid, repulsive, etc. as defense mechanisms, to ward off enemies. For most of them, we're learning that major components of their character identities, were actually just acts put on, and they're nothing like the characters they've been developed to be like over the course of the past 4 seasons.
- Jake doesn't really care for his butt. He just constantly obsesses over it, to make himself so disgusting, that nobody would ever want to eat him. In actuality
- Lupe's Spanish accent is fake, and she just talks in a loud, gravelly accent to annoy predators. Her real voice is the normal speaking voice of Grey DeLisle.
- Windsor is actually an idiot, who just flowers his vocabulary with "smart words", to give off a vibe of superior intelligence, so predators won't bother attacking him, assuming he'd just outwit them in battle.
- Ingrid is one of the few characters to stay the same, with her defense mechanism being explained as throwing swordfish at people. Of course, this has never been seen before, and this kind of does contradict her character, as Ingrid is portrayed as a defenseless, emotionally frail coward, who lets everyone walk all over her.
- Slips is probably arguably the only one, who's characters remains in-tact, as his defense mechanism is "being a snake", which is a gross animal that creeps out even himself.
- At the end of the episode, Adam Lyon discovers a defense mechanism of his own, which is his loud, high-pitched screaming. This is annoying enough to torture his attacking predators, so they know to keep their distance.
- Brandon Capybara runs a school president campaign, where the motto is "Vote for Pablo". This is a reference to "Vote for Pedro" from Napoleon Dynamite.
- Mrs. Warthog has a disgusting, itchy, puss-filled, warthog rash on her back.
- Adam bonks Slips and Windsor's heads together and they quote "Yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk!" and "Hey, Moe, what did I do?", which are phrases often uttered by The Three Stooges.
- Principal Pixiefrog makes many references to Adam's "girly" voice, again making a fourth wall reference to his female voice actor.
- Another fourth wall joke is made, saying that Adam unknowingly signed a contract with PF, giving him the rights to producing any TV show or film about his life story (My Gym Partner's a Monkey).
- Shortly after, Adam makes yet another fourth wall joke, saying "I'm not really fat, I'm just drawn that way."
- Jake sings a parody of Shortnin' Bread, with the lyrics, "Mama's little baby loves human, human. Mama's little baby loves human stew."